Data Collected for each Birth:
- Type and place of birth;
- Date of birth;
- Period of gestation;
- County of residence of both mother and father;
- Nationality of mother and father;
- Occupation of both mother and father;
- Date of Birth of both mother and father;
- Marital Status of mother and date of present marriage;
- Number of previous live births, children still living, stillbirths and spontaneous abortions as well as date of last birth;
- Type of antenatal care received by mother during this pregnancy including date of first visit to hospital and doctor;
- Was mother immune to rubella?
- Method of delivery;
- Maternal diseases affecting the fetus or infant;
- Type of feeding;
- Was BCG administered?
- Diseases or congenital malformations affecting the infant;
- Date of mother’s admission and discharge and details of whether mother’s admission was booked?
- Date of infant’s discharge;
- Details of transfers to other hospitals for medical reasons;
For each Stillbirth and Early Neonatal Death the following additional data are also collected:
- Cause and Type of death;
- Was an autopsy performed?
- Place of death;
- For Early Neonatal Death: Age at death
- For Stillbirth: did death occur before, during labour or at an unknown time?
Further information on the data collection process can be found in NPRS Documentation.